Mrs Cooper introducing the class Author
Welcome to Year 2 at St Maria Goretti
Year 2 Staff: Mrs Davis, Mrs Birchall and Mrs Lyons
Parents Phonics Screening Information.
Class Author - Roald Dahl
- Old Testament Stories
- The Church
- Parables and Miracles
- Write stories set in places pupils have been
- Write recounts – chronological report (Newspaper)
- Traditional Tales
- Explanation text – Instructions
- Recognise the place value of each digit in a two-digit number (10s, 1s)
- compare and order numbers from 0 up to 100; use <, > and = signs
- read and write numbers to at least 100 in numerals and in words
- use place value and number facts to solve problems
Addition and Subtraction
- Applying their increasing knowledge of mental and written methods
- recall and use addition and subtraction facts to 20 fluently, and derive and use related facts up to 100
- Add and subtract numbers using concrete objects, pictorial representations, and mentally, including: a two-digit number and 1s
a two-digit number and 10s
2 two-digit numbers
adding 3 one-digit numbers
- Show that addition of 2 numbers can be done in any order (commutative) and subtraction of 1 number from another cannot.
- Recognise and use symbols for pounds (£) and pence (p); combine amounts to make a particular value
- Find different combinations of coins that equal the same amounts of money
- Solve simple problems in a practical context involving addition and subtraction of money of the same unit, including giving change.
- recall and use multiplication facts for the 2, 5 and 10 multiplication tables, including recognising odd and even numbers
- calculate mathematical statements for multiplication within the multiplication tables and write them using the multiplication (×) and equals (=) signs
- show that multiplication of 2 numbers can be done in any order (commutative)
Enquiry types – Research, pattern seeking, fair and comparison testing, identify and classify, observe over time
Materials – Why are new toys mainly made from plastic?
Materials – What is the best material to package cakes in?
Career Link – Packaging Designer
- Identify and compare the suitability of a variety of everyday materials, including wood, metal, plastic, glass, brick, rock, paper and cardboard for particular uses
- Find out how the shapes of solid objects made from some materials can be changed by squashing, bending, twisting and stretching
Driver question – Why is the Spitfire relevant to our lives?
Explorers and Inventors - Reginald Mitchell
Launch Day – Hanley Museum
Key Concept – Industry
Driver question – What does it feel like to travel to new places that no one has ever been to?
Explorers and Inventors - Christopher Columbus
Key Concept – Industry
- Travel and Exploration
- Use artefacts, pictures, stories, online sources and databases to find out about the past.
- Identify some of the different ways the past has been represented.
- Describe significant people from the past who have contributed to national and international achievements
- Significant historical events, people and places in their own locality
Drawing - Leonardo Da Vinci – Famous inventor who created a range of inventions over time.
- Draw lines of different sizes and thickness.
- Colour (own work) neatly following the lines.
- Show pattern and texture by adding dots and lines.
- Show different tones by using coloured pencils
Mechanisms - Moving vehicle – wheels and axles
- Explore and use mechanisms in products such as levers, sliders wheels, axles and winding mechanisms.
Coding – Link to instructions
- Debugging – link to problem solving Reginald Mitchell
- Online Safety – Searching – research history link
- Spreadsheets – Link to travel data & Maths
- Questioning – Recording data
Songbirds – City Music Service
City Songbirds Performance in December
- Take part in singing, accurately following the melody.
- Follow instructions on how and when to sing or play an instrument.
- Make and control long and short
PSHE - Jigsaw
Being me in my world (Autumn 1)
- Hopes and fears for the year
- Rights and responsibilities
- Rewards and consequences
- Safe and fair learning environment
- Valuing contributions
- Recognising feelings
Celebrating Difference (Autumn 2)
- Assumptions and stereotypes about gender
- Understanding bullying
- Standing up for self and others
- Making new friends
- Gender diversity
- Celebrating difference and remaining friends
P.E is on Tuesday and Wednesday
- Use the terms ‘opponent’ and ‘team-mate’
- Develop tactics.
- Lead others when appropriate.
- Link two or more actions to perform a sequence.
- Choose movements to communicate a mood, feeling or idea.
|Y2 - wc 8th June - Additional resourses.ppt||Download|
|Y2 - Home learning - wc 1.6.2020.pdf||Download|
|Y2 Home learning - wc 18th May 2020.pdf||Download|
|Y2 Home Learning - wc 11th May 2020.pdf||Download|
|Y2 Spellings - wc 11th May 2020.pdf||Download|
|Y2 - Home Learning - Week Commencing 4th May 2020 - Spellings.pdf||Download|
|Y2 - Home Learning - Week Commencing 4th May 2020.pdf||Download|
|Y2 - Week commencing 27th April 2020 - Spellings.pdf||Download|
|Y2 - Week commencing 27th April 2020 - Aboriginal art.pdf||Download|
|Y2 - Home Learning - Week commencing 27th April 2020.pdf||Download|