Mrs Cooper introducing the class Author
Welcome to Year 4 at St Maria Goretti
Year 4 Staff: Miss Moore and Mrs Kaczor
Our Class Author: Jacqueline Wilson
- Creation and the story of Abraham to Joseph
- Jesus teaches us how to pray
- Old Testament Moses – King David
English: Driver text- Gaslight by Eloise Williams
Non-fiction- How to be a Victorian – Ruth Goodman
- Write stories of adventure
- Diary Entries
- Write arguments.
- Write letters. (Informal)
- Write formally
- Write poems that convey an image (simile, word play, rhyme and metaphor).
- First Person Narratives
Reading Diaries should be signed by an adult at least 3 times per week.
- Recognise the place value of each digit in a 4-digit number
- Compare and order numbers beyond 1000
- Identify, represent and estimate numbers using different representations.
- Read and write numbers beyond a 1000 (Y5 obj – 1,000,000)
- Round any number to the nearest 10, 100 or 1000.
- Count in multiples of 6, 7, 9, 25, 1000.
- Recognise the place value of each digit in a 4-digit number (THTU, HTU, TU and U)
- Find a 1000 more or less than a given number.
- Revision of time with Roman Numerals
- Read Roman numerals to 100 (1 to C) and know that over time, the numeral system changed to include the concept of zero and place value.
- Solve number and practical problems that involve all of the above and with increasingly large positive numbers.
Addition and Subtraction
- Add and subtract numbers mentally, including: a 4-digit number with units; a 4-digit number with tens; a 4-digit number with hundreds; a 4-digit number with thousands.
- Add and subtract numbers with up to 4 digits using formal written methods of columnar addition and subtraction where appropriate.
- Estimate and use inverse operations to check answers to a calculation.
- Application of addition and subtraction skills within problems/ investigations.
Multiplication and Division
- Recall multiplication and division facts up to 12 x 12 =
- Multiply numbers by 10, 100 and 1000
- Recognise and use factor pairs and commutativity in mental calculations
- Multiply two-digit and three-digit numbers by a one digit number, using formal written layout (revision and comparison with grid method as appropriate).
- Application of multiplication and division skills within problems / investigations.
- States of Matter
Enquiry types- Research, pattern seeking, fair and comparison testing, identify and classify, observe over time
History: (4 Weeks)
Driver question: What was life like for a Victorian child?
Launch Day: Blist Hill Victorian Museum
Concepts: Monarchy and Industry
Research – History of workhouses and the daily life of poor children.
Compare the life of a Victorian child to modern day children.
Changes over time.
Geography: (1 Week)
The British Empire
Changes over time
Comparisons of Countries
Art Strand: Textiles
Artist: William Morris
A focus on the Paisley style during Victorian times.
Careers Link – Fashion Designer
Seasonal stockings - Cross stitch and patterns
- Numbers 1-30
- My Family
- Seasons and weather
- Christmas songs and stories
- Online Safety
- Songbirds – City Music Service
- Choir Practice – Victoria Hall performance Autumn 2
PSHE - Jigsaw
Being me in my world (Autumn 1)
- Celebrating Difference (Autumn 2)
P.E is on Thursdays and Fridays
- Tag Rugby
|Y4 - Home learning - wc 13.7.2020.pdf||Download|
|Y4 - Home Learning - wc 6.7.2020.pdf||Download|
|Y4 - Home Learning - wc 29.6.2020.pdf||Download|
|Y4 - Home Learning - wc 22.6.2020.pdf||Download|
|Y4 - Home Learning - wc 15.6.2020.pdf||Download|
|Y4 - Home Learning - wc 8.6.2020.pdf||Download|
|Y4 - Wc 8.6.2020 - Reasoning & problem solving.pdf||Download|
|Y4 - Home Learning - wc 1.6.2020.pdf||Download|
|Y4 Home Learning - wc 18th May 2020.pdf||Download|
|Y4 Science Sun Safety - wc 11th May 2020.pdf||Download|