St Maria Goretti Catholic Academy recognises the value of utilising computing systems to support and facilitate learning. The school Online Safety Policy outlines the steps taken and procedures that are in place to help to safeguard members of the school community when accessing computing systems. This policy operates in conjunction with other school policies including the behaviour, bullying, curriculum, data protection and safeguarding policies.
The use of computing systems is monitored throughout the school.
KS1 E-Safety Rules:
- I only use the Internet when an adult is with me
- I can click on the buttons or links when I know what they do
- I can search within websites chosen by an adult
- I always ask if i get lost on the Internet
- I will report anything that I see that worries me to an adult
KS2 E-Safety Rules:
- I only use the Internet if I have permission
- I will tell an adult if I see anything that makes me uncomfortable
- I will think carefully about whom I am e-mailing and what I am saying
- I will send and post messages and comments that are polite and friendly.
- I will never give out passwords or personal information
- I will ask an adult before opening e-mails sent by anyone I do not know
- I will never arrange to meet anyone new that I have only chatted with on-line
If you have any questions regarding Online Safety, please make an appointment to see Mr Burrows at the school office.
Online Safety - keeping children safe online
Internet Matters - an independent, not-for-profit organisation to help parents keep their children safe online
Whisper - an anonymous online reporting system
Parent Info from CEOP - E-safety information for parents and carers
Safer Internet - Social media safety information for parents and carers
Think U Know - Information on how to keep children safe online
Gaming information for parents - Information about online games
Parents' Guide to Technology - Information about technology and safety issues
Setting up Parental Controls - Information about how to set up parental controls on your home broadband
https://www.net-aware.org.uk - Information about apps.
Question Prompts - Question prompts to support discussions with children about their usage of the internet.
Digital Parenting Magazine - Vodafone's yearly update on online safety
Parents Guide to Safer Internet - UK Safer Internet Centre